Friday, August 10, 2012

Mystery Vacation-Day #3

Day #3 of our vacation found us in Nashville, TN.  One stop that we wanted to make was to Financial Plaza.  Sadly, Dave himself was not in the office that day, but we did get to meet some of his staff, tour part of his office & see where the radio show takes place. Following that, we found a lot of inside activities in an effort to escape the heat! 


Top left:  Terry, the kids & I with Martha in the coffee shop/book store
Top right:  Erin, Terry, Trevor and Emily outside of Martha's Place within the Plaza


Opryland Hotel from the outside and then a few pictures of the gorgeous gardens within the Hotel.
It was a fun place to tour.


Trevor, Erin, Emily and Terry within the gardens at the Opryland Hotel.
It looked like a beautiful rain forest in there!


The kids were introduced to the Dukes of Hazzard!  Terry was enthused to find the metal lunch boxes that he had as a kid....and still has!


Me with Willie Nelson......larger than life!


We closed out the day with a show at the Grand Ole Opry.  What a treat!  Minnie Pearl started out the show but, sadly, I was the only one who had memories of her.  I remember Dad's 8-track tapes of her.  Some of the other entertainers were John Connelly, Riders in the Sky, Little Jimmie Dickens, Old Crow Medicine Show, Amanda Burnett, Connie Smith and, of course, the kids' favorite.......Darius Rucker!  It was a GREAT show.


2 comments:

Janice said...

I recognize the Opryland Hotel. That is an amazing place. You did a great job and planning this vacation.

Unknown said...

I went to Nashville in high school! Took nationals in fccla there!! We stayed at that hotel and enjoyed sooo many sites!! Loved it there!