Thursday, February 11, 2010

On this day 11 years ago......

we received a special bundle from God that we will forever treasure! It is hard to believe that you are turning 11 years old already, Trevor. I think in today's standards you are technically a "tween"....but it seems like just yesterday you were born! Continue to work hard, stand firm and make good choices.....you will go far! We all love you....more than you know!

Mom and Dad enjoying their bundle born on February 11, 1999


Terry was working at Honda at that time and the following was the email sent out by Terry to tell of his arrival.

We had a new model Carlson introduced to Central Ohio on Thursday (2/11) evening at 10:35. We were hoping to debut this new model a few weeks ago at the Detroit Auto Show along with the new Honda Odyssey minivan and the Honda S2000 sports car. I'm sure our new model would have been the highlight of the auto show! Actually, introduction date was scheduled to be Feb. 19, but we just couldn't wait!

Anyway, I'll get on with the important details. The new model Carlson was named Trevor Austin. The important specs are 19.75 inches long and 7 lbs 9 oz.

It is 1:10 a.m. on Friday morning, and I just got home from the hospital. Mother and Baby are doing just fine, though Mother was very tired when I left.

The sticker price has yet to be determined, although rumor has it that it will be very expensive. Test holds and hugs are available at no charge.


Trevor had been saving up his money for several months to buy a Nintendo DS. Dad decided to surprise him with it as a birthday present. Trevor helped to design his Nintendo DS birthday cake. It was supposed to be red....he learned that red food coloring makes PINK frosting!!

As a side note....he has grown another 1/2 inch in just over one month!!! HELP-I sense clothing problems coming up soon?!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Kara....I don't recall ever reading your blog before, cute place :)

Kara said...

Thanks, Amber! You know the saying...."Be it ever so humber, there's no place like home!"

Kara said...

Oops! Be it ever so HUMBLE, there's no place like home!!

Alicia "Al" Krisher-Behm said...

Happy birthday to you Trevor! You will always be Auntie Al's lil buddy! XOXOXOX