The night before his birthday, Trevor invited four friends over after school for a "game night". They had a ton of fun and a barrel of laughs playing LIFE, Wii and a new CupBonk game. The next day I had made plans without him knowing to have a friend and family come ski with him at our local ski hill. It was great to be able to surprise him with something so fun....and watch the smile come on his face when Logan walked in the door! While skiing, he and Logan cooked up the plan for Logan to spend the night and his mom come back on Sunday (a 45 minute drive one way, mind you!) to join a family lunch and pick him up. Sunday we had the whole family down for lunch and cake! He made the comment that the weekend felt like it had been one long birthday party!
In the meantime, I am still adjusting to having a teenage son. In some ways he is still my "little" boy but in so many others, he is growing into a young man right before my eyes. It does bring tears to my eyes at times when I think he has five years of school left....and how quickly the past eight years have gone. But then, I am so proud to see what he has accomplished and what he has become. He has a pretty lofty career goal at this point....to work for either Apple or Google!! He loves working with computers so I guess you never know what the future holds!
Happy 13th Birthday, Trevor!


2 comments:
Happy B-Day Buddy!!! Love you forever!
Happy Birthday Trevor!
Post a Comment