Some have very creative blogs using only pictures. Others create catchy blogs using pictures AND words. Then there is me. If I don't get the past school year covered in a post, it will get forgotten. And since, I don't have my pictures all organized, well, it will have to be WITHOUT pictures. At this time!
It is so hard to believe that Emily and Erin have completed their elementary school years. Where has the time gone? I very vividly remember taking them to their first day of kindergarten and now, GULP, they will be entering middle school! They both enjoyed their first year in separate classrooms and branched out making new friends. Erin received a fitness award this year for breaking the school record when she was in kindergarten and continuing to break her own record every year after that. She is a flexible girl, for sure! They both did terrific academically as well as every other way. There is something about a teacher saying to me that he is sad to see the Carlson girls' leave because they are such good examples and hard workers. Keep up the good work in middle school, girls!
Trevor has left middle school behind and is headed for.....HIGH SCHOOL?! When did I become that old?! He thoroughly enjoyed his years in middle school and found his niche in the music department. He surprised us during his last choir concert by singing a "solo" with his best friend with the 6th, 7th and 8th grade choirs singing back-up to "UNDER THE BOARDWALK". I couldn't have been more proud of him! Uncle Levi, Auntie Kayla, Taelynn and Gma/Gpa Carlson joined us for his middle school graduation. Can I say that I am still bursting with pride over his terrific accomplishments in middle school?! When I asked him the other day how he felt about heading off to high school, his only comment was that he is excited about the music department! What a kid!!
And.......the big news in our area is that we are scheduled to be moving....SOON! The closing on our "new" house is on June 28th. It is a "big" move....only about 20 minutes south of here. It is a move that will bring us closer to school for the kids, work for me and a bit closer to work for Terry. All around, it is a move that we are very excited about. We have enjoyed out nearly 13 years here, but we are ready to begin our new "adventure" and create new memories in our new home.
2 comments:
Congrats on the new house.
...and she blogged!!! Surprised you still remember your login and password. LOL! ;>)
Post a Comment