Friday, June 15, 2012

After one year of owning Jake......

we have learned that he is NOT a bird hunter!  After FINALLY washing the outside of our dining room picture window, a wood pecker came up and personal with the glass.  He hit loudly and landed on the bench below the window.  I ran outside to check on him and Jake left his little perch on the deck to check out the situation as well.  This is what we witnessed:

Jake whined and kept nudging Mr. Woodpecker.  I moved him onto a chair and put the chair beneath the Weeping Birch tree.  After nearly 30 minutes of Jakes whining Mr. Woodpecker did finally recover from his head-on collision and took off.

Jake is just NOT a bird hunter.....much to my relief!  He is just too kind-hearted, I guess!

4 comments:

Alicia "Al" Krisher-Behm said...

Yup...thats Jay Jay. Sweet as can be!

Janice said...

Love the picture of Jake. What a sweet personality he has.

Janna said...

ah Jake,
whatta sweetie!

kaymarvt said...

Jake is the sweetest doggie ever! :)