A quiet life filled to the brim with love & joy combined with the laughter that accompanies a growing family.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
We kept on peddling.....
Some great friends invited us to join them on a bike ride of 20+ miles on a terrific sunny fall day. It was great fun, awesome excercise and terrific fellowship. Terry took the girls back after 13.5 miles and Trevor toughed it out and went with me the entire 26 miles. My 20 year old bike that I bought from Hardware Hank for somewhere around $50 decided to junk out at about the half-way mark. The last 13 miles or so I rode in the last gear that I had left.....the fast-peddling gear. By the time we arrived at the "finish line" I found that my knees were burning and full of pain.....but the success that I felt out-weighed the pain. At least, until I was lying in bed dealing with the after affects! All in all, it was a terrific day....I just NEED.A.NEW.BIKE!!! (in the spring)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
remember back when on the Elroy trail????
after affects... sore butt? :)
and the bike seats are usually so comfortable too :)
Post a Comment