Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE volunteering in the girls' classroom?! This week, I was able to help four students make a football banner for this class to hold up during the Homecoming Parade in honor of the team playing tonight. The banner turned out cute and the students holding it up during the parade looked so proud! I was able to sneak into the classroom this morning for a class picture with their banner. Also shown are Emily and Erin intently watching the parade and proudly pointing their brother out to their new classmates! (Yes, they are proud of him....they just don't like to show it often!)
As part of the homecoming celebration in the 4th grade, their teacher incorporated a writing assignment into it....they each wrote a friendly letter to one member of the Cross Country team to encourage them in their next meet. They also each made a pennant that they were able to get autographed by eight players from different Berlin sports. The 4th grade students were just SO proud after the autograph session.
This was probably our last homecoming game with the Indian Mascot....a sore spot in the town right now. But, no matter what our mascot will be in the future, I'm positive that the next homecoming week will be just as fun.....and the students will be just as proud!


2 comments:
Time to wash the hair girls...its getting green... yuck! J/J... you both look CUTE!!! :)
looks like fun!!
Post a Comment