
Just one year ago, we had a massive snowstorm on the day
of Terry's grandmother's funeral. Now almost exactly
one year later, we have just had another huge storm that dropped
nearly one foot of snow on us and then added 40+ mph winds.
There were disappointed kids when I chose to stay home
from my family's Thanksgiving. Ever since totaling out our
van about six years ago, I have become very cautious
during winter storms and then was glad I made that call
when we woke on Sunday to learn that several roads in our
part of the state were CLOSED. I'm not sure that I had
ever heard of roads being closed here before....
Terry didn't have fun plowing in the awful wind and then at 11:30
on Saturday night the plow broke down!!! Terry and I spent
about one hour working on that in the (unheated) garage
before finally crashing. On a good note, though, the snowblower started!!!
The kids and I spent Sunday in our cozy warm house while poor
Terry spent about three hours trying to clear the driveway
so he could get out to go to work this morning. I did make
homemade chicken noodle soup and hot drinks for him, though!
All in all, I had disappointed kids because they missed out having
Thanksgiving with my family, now bitter cold temps, a huge amount of
snow......but it is SO BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE!!!
HAPPY WINTER!!!

2 comments:
Let them kids know we missed them very much!! I cant wait to see them (and you!) on Thursday night! Hopefully the kids wont have a ton of homework so I can spend some time with my now official nieces & nephew! Love yous! :)
Its better to be missed and disappointed than frozen in a snow bank somehwere... :( We can get together any other time!
Post a Comment