Sunday, August 29, 2010

Things I want to remember.....

Over time, the kids make comments that I want to remember but do not have the time to scrapbook, etc. Tonight was one of those comments....Emily was looking at the pictures of current pet bunnies when they were first born back in May when she said that looking at those pictures of them being sooooo little, made her feel like crying. I told her that is how I often feel when I look at pictures from when they were a lot younger and realize (again) how quickly they are growing up. Her only comment was "You do?" Of course....my "babies" are growing up MUCH TOO QUICKLY.

Almost a year ago, we were talking about video games and Terry asked him how a certain gaming unit worked. Trevor's reply was "I really don't know. I may live in the age of technology....I just don't have any of it!!" Since then, he has gotten a few more pieces of "technology" but that comment will always be remembered!

Last summer, Trevor sitting next to Erin in the car (touching her!!!) and he had taken his shirt off due to the heat. She was absolutely furious with him that he wouldn’t put his shirt back on. “Trevor, that is so insanely DISGUSTING! I am NEVER going to marry a guy that doesn’t wear his shirt ALL THE TIME!” Another comment that will be remembered....and brought up at an inoportune time, I am sure!!!

The everyday business of life seems to keep my from truly enjoying my time with the kids. Recently I was with a group of women (scrapbooking) and I commented how my daughters weren't too thrilled with my having a time (with adults) to scrapbook.....one of them said to ENJOY my kids' desire to be there now b/c there will be a time too soon that they won't WANT to be. I feel the need to slow down and enjoy my children and their comments more.