About five months ago, some friends of ours asked us to join them on their trip to Cozumel. First of all, we felt very honored to have had them ask us to join them and second of all, Terry had been asking me for awhile now to take a trip with him....just us as a couple. I thought hard about it and decided to do it. I won't lie and say it was easy to leave my kids behind because it certainly wasn't!! And I won't lie and say I didn't think about them OFTEN while we were away, because I did!!
There were several things that we did that I really wished they could have been there for....but we did enjoy our time away together as a couple. It is so amazing how much has changed in the last 16 years - and Terry is not only my husband but he is still my best friend!!
It was interesting being in a country where we didn't speak the language but everything worked out great...despite a few "tense" moments!! But they made the memories all the more special. We had a great time on an excersion to Chichen Itze-an old Mayan ruins site. This has been added to the 7 Wonders of the World list, I believe. We also went swimming with the dolphins and toured the island in a rented jeep. The entire time we were riding in the jeep I kept remembering a jeep that my dad used to have - Runnin' Bear. It was the same color and all!! We also went snorkeling both right off the beach and out in the ocean on a tour. It was our first time to do this and, surprisingly, Miranda and I enjoyed the tour snorkeling more than the guys did!!
It was a wonderful way to spend our anniversary! Thank you, Eric and Miranda, for asking us to join you! Now, we need to plan the next trip.....with our kids along!!!
1 comment:
Great to see the pictures and the story...glad you did it!!
Post a Comment